Top 20 iPhone Apps for Designers and Entrepreneurs
By Sarah Scrafford
The iPhone is a wonderful tool for designers and entrepreneurs alike, as it allows you to function fairly well even when you’re away from your office. There are a handful of apps that make this device even more useful, and we’ve detailed them here. Read on to learn about 20 of the best iPhone apps for these on-the-go folks.
- OmniFocus: It’s important to stay on top of task management, and OmniFocus is an app that will help you do so. OmniFocus makes it easy to track your tasks and get things done, and even integreates with OmniFocus on the Mac.
- Twitteriffic: Twitter offers a great way to get connected with local people and others who are useful for networking. Twitteriffic brings this functionality to the iPhone. Using this app, you can stay on top of your Twitter connections from anywhere.
- 30Boxes: As an entrepreneur, your time is precious, so it’s essential that you have a good method for keeping track of your schedule. With this app, you’ll be able to establish a calendar for your events and tasks, as well as share it with others for collaboration and information.
- Mocha VNC Lite: Although the iPhone is a handy tool, there’s only so much you can do with it. That’s why this VNC app is so great, because it allows you to control your Windows, Mac or Linux computer remotely, and stay productive wherever you are.
- NetNewsWire: Although staying on top of news isn’t necessarily an important function for every entrepreneur, most will way to be aware of what’s going on in the world, and doing so can take precious time in the office. Using this feed service for the iPhone, you can get caught up while you’re on the go.
- Mobile Translator: If you’re working as an international entrepreneur, you’re bound to run into languages that you don’t understand. With this translation app, you can quickly and easily make sense of a number of popular languages.
- Urban Spoon: Find a good place to meet clients and other important people with this app that will choose a restaurant at random, or with guidance from you.
- QuickVoice: It’s not always easy or convenient to write or type notes on the go, even with the iPhone. If you need to make notes or record something, make use of the QuickVoice app, which will allow you to record voice transmissions, and even offers a pause button.
- Harvest Time & Expense Tracker: Using this tool for the iPhone, you can stay on top of expenses, the time you spend, and more. This will help you better understand where all of your time and money goes, even when you’re not in the office.
- iBillTo: Financial transactions take place whether you’re in the office or not, so it’s important that you have a way to enter them from anywhere you happen to be. Using iBillTo, you’ll be able to keep track of client billing information, so it’s all available to you whenever and wherever you need it.
- Traffic1: Entrepreneurs do not have time to waste sitting in traffic. A great way to avoid traffic is to get traffic reports and avoid the backups. You can do that with Traffic1, which gives real time traffic condition reports for US cities including incidents.
- Mileage Counter: If you need to track mileage on your vehicle, take advantage of this mileage counter that makes the task quick and easy. You’ll also be able to use the app to calculate your vehicle’s fuel consumption.
- Airport Flight Delays: If you have to travel for business, timing is key. Using this application, you can learn about airport flight delays before they become an issue.
- Evernote: Create text, image, or audio notes with this tool, and you’ll be able to reference them later, whether you’re on your iPhone or your Mac.
- iPhone Personal Budget: It’s important that you stay on top of your finances wherever you are, and this app will help you do that. Using the Personal Budget app for the iPhone, you can enter spending, receipts, savings, and credit card information right from your iPhone.
- Package Track: If you’re waiting on an important package, you want to know exactly when it will arrive. You can find out through the Package Track application, and watch your package on its way to you.
- iCart: As an entrepreneur, you may find yourself with endless lists of things you need to pick up, and it’s not always easy to remember exactly what it is that you need. Using iCart, you can maintain up to 3 different shopping lists, so that you can always be sure you know exactly what to get.
- Attendance Countdown: Don’t let your working hours get away from you. Use this app to count exactly how many hours you’ve spent working, and count down how many you have left available.
- Map Mailer: If you’re on the go and need to meet someone in a specific spot, use this application. It will send a Google Map by email, so your colleagues, clients, and friends will have no trouble finding you.
- Schmap: Whether you’re shopping or just getting around your own town, a guide to the city can prove to be very helpful. Use the Schmap app to learn about a variety of destinations with maps, photos, and reviews.